Nameserver Confusion

David Botham dns at botham.net
Thu Feb 20 13:48:33 UTC 2003

one

Do you mean the same web site on two different servers?  I assume that
is what you mean.

> webserver goes down i can use the other one. Is this possible?

Yes, it is possible, however, DNS is probably not the best way to
accomplish this redundancy.  Look at a Cluster Solution of some type
(check for packages available for your particular OS), or a Server Load
Balancer such as Radware, Foundry, Alteon, F5 BigIP, etc...

Dave...