Secondary fails to respond to queries

Robert Gahl bgahl at bawcsa.org
Wed Feb 19 23:17:17 UTC 2003

At 08:54 PM 2/19/2003 +0000, Simon Waters wrote:

> > *** fire.fireclick.com can't find www.lycos.com: Query refused
>
>192.168.254.0/24 isn't in trusted ACL.

I was thinking it might be something like this. I looked at it forever and
never saw it :( I hate it when I do that.

>I think you need to build a regime in which such upgrades happen
>  promptly after formal release of software. At least for
>software that is talking to the Internet in a fairly direct
>manner, in which case you'd have gone to 9.2.1 by now.
>
>Most of my life on IT support roles was learning to escape "fire
>fighting", and getting such procedures in place, then someone
>finds you a bigger fire.

Yeah, well, I'm sure you then understand that it's hard to remember that
you came to drain the swamp when you are up to your arse in alligators. I'm
lucky when I can find the time to upgrade it, much less have a procedure in
place that lets it happen when it is suppose to... Such is IT life now in
the post bubble apocalypse :(

But, that doesn't mean it isn't sage advice. I appreciate the pointer (and
the save) :) It's working now.

===
Bob Gahl Bicycle (Ryan Vanguard) Mobile ||     @
     ARPA/Internet: bgahl at bawcsa.org     ||  !_ \
"Sahn joong moe low ful how jee yah ching wong" - "When the
mountain has no tigers, the monkey will also declare himself
king." Chinese Proverb