AXFR transfer failes ...

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Feb 19 22:59:18 UTC 2003

> > >zone "example.de" {
> > >     type master;
> > >     file "example.de";
> > >     notify yes;
> > >     allow-transfer { <ip_of_secondary-dns_i_got_from_the_provider>; };
> > >};
> >
> > That is not what you have in named.conf and you are not the owner of
> > example.de.
> >

> hey danny,
>
> it was just an EXAMPLE domainname. i just want to know if a zone config,
> like the one i posted, would be ok - so that a secondary dns could do a AXFR
> transfer.
>
> regards,
> kamran remin

	The problem with examples is all we have got it your word about
	the situation.  With real configurations we can actually go out
	and probe the servers involved.

	Examples also hide configuration mistakes.

	Now check your logs to make sure that the zone loaded cleanly.

	Next check that you can transfer the zone from the nameserver
	itself, this will require adjusting the acl.

	Then check your logs to find out why you refused the transfer.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org