AXFR transfer failes ...

Kamran Remin toxic.waste.inc at gmx.net
Wed Feb 19 12:30:07 UTC 2003

hi ng,

i just ordered two domainnames and after getting the confirmation mail from
my provider, i started to configure my bind-server.

in the /etc/bind/named.conf i added the following lines:

zone "example.de" {
    type master;
    file "example.de";
    notify yes;
    allow-transfer { <ip_of_secondary-dns_i_got_from_the_provider>; };
};

after reloading my dns, i got a mail from my provider telling me, that
primary dns entry for my ordered domain was successfull, but their secondary
couldn't make a AXFR transfer.
all that i added to named.conf should be enough, or? i mean, the
allow-transfer line should be ok for a AXFR transfer or did i miss anything?

regards,
kamran remin