Large reverse in-addr.arpa delegation

David Botham dns at botham.net
Mon Feb 17 17:36:15 UTC 2003

I would like to correct myself on this email... see below

It (in my opinion) makes no sense to use RFC2317 to delegate as I
indicated above.  As Patrick stated, it only makes sense for the <256
address situations.

Multiple delegations are probably the best way to go...  A perl script
is probably the best bet to accomplish the creation of the
delegations...

Dave..

> If you have a copy of DNS & BIND 4th Edition, checkout page 236 for
> narrative descriptions and case scenarios (also check the O'Reilly
site
> for errata, as there are a couple of minor typo's in a couple of the
> $GENERATE examples...
> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns4/errata/dns4.confirmed).
>
> If you do not have a copy of DNS & BIND, hmmmmmmm....... :) ... No
time
> like the present...
> (If I had a penny for every time I sold a copy of this book, hey
> Cricket... :)
>

> Thanks,
>

> Dave...
>

> > patrick

On
> > > Behalf Of Hulman, Patrick (CCI-Atlanta)
> > > Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 11:35 AM
> > > To: bind-users at isc.org
> > > Subject: Large reverse in-addr.arpa delegation
> > >
> > > I'm trying to delegate large chunks of ip space.  I'm using a 10
> > network =
> > > where I need to delegate three /16 and a /21 to different servers.
In