DNS1 on Win2k server and DNS2 on BIND: replication is not working

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Fri Feb 14 20:32:59 UTC 2003

> Hi,
> We have a Primary DNS on Windows 2000 Server(192.168.4.2) and we want
> a secondary DNS on BIND(192.168.4.4). But this one doesn't seem to
> work correctly, as there is no replication between the primary and the
> secondary (The aliases are not replicated).
> Here is the DNS conf File:
>

> Thank you for a quick response !!!!!

	Fix your semantic errors in the named.conf below.  named-checkconf
	is your friend.

	Mark

> options {
> 	directory "/etc";

	Do you really want named writing to "/etc"?

> 	pid-file "/var/run/named/named.pid";
> 	forwarders {
> 		192.168.4.2;
> 		};
> 	};
>

> zone "netisem.fr" {
> 	type slave;
> 	file "/var/named/netisem.fr.hosts";
> 	masters port 53 {
> 		192.168.4.2;
> 		};
> 	also-notify {
> 		192.168.4.3;
> 		};

	You don't need to tell the master that you have a new copy
	of the zone.

> 	allow-transfer {
> 		192.168.4.2;
> 		};
> 	allow-update {
> 		192.168.4.2;
> 		};

	Slave zones don't have allow-update.  BIND 9 won't load with
	directive.  BIND 8 ignores this directive.

> 	};
>
> server 192.168.4.2 {
> 	transfers 10000;
> 	};
> server 192.168.4.3 {
> 	transfers 10000;
> 	};

	The default transfer values should be fine.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org