"-" and "_" in domain name

David Botham dns at botham.net
Fri Feb 14 16:00:21 UTC 2003

If we define "host" as the left most label, then, yes, MS is using
underscores in host names.  However, if we define "host" as a name used
to refer to a host, then, no, MS is not using underscores in host names.
I believe that MS is using the underscore in domain names that mark
unique positions in the domain name space to hold RR sets for a
particular purpose, however, these domain names are not actual computers
on the network...

Thanks,

Dave...