Looking for Information on Split DNS

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Wed Feb 12 09:52:27 UTC 2003

Bill Smith <bill.smith at jhuapl.edu> wrote:
> My company is about to embark on a major effort in setting up Split DNS w/in
> our environment.  To help in this effort, I was hoping to find some
> information out on the web that might provide some technical background.
> Unfortunately, what I've found through searches of google and other sites
> thus far has been more of the theory of Split DNS as opposed to specific
> ways to implement it which is what I'm after. A whitepaper of sorts is
> probably a better way to describe what I'm looking for.

> If anyone has any such information or can point me to where I can find it,
> it would be greatly appreciated.

The Book "Managing DNS and Bind"  by Crickett Liu .

Without at least the knowledge obtained from this material you
will have a busy time.

You could hire a consultant that has the knowledge to help you
design and setup the whole thing. This is what consulants are
made for : temporary jobs needing special skills.

--
Peter Håkanson