dns on solaris 8

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Feb 11 17:34:04 UTC 2003

The resolver library controls this. You could use "truss" to look at what
system calls are being made during the lookup. The DNS lookup will probably
consist of a so_socket/connect/send/poll/recvfrom sequence, and when failover
occurs, you should see an open of "/usr/lib/nss_files.so.1", followed a little
later by an open/read/close of /etc/hosts.

- Kevin