How to size our servers for many zones hosting ?

Doug Barton DougB at DougBarton.net
Mon Feb 10 03:15:53 UTC 2003

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003, Aktarus73 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My company plan to host many primary zones (up to 500) with Linux/Bind9.
> How should we size our server for supporting so many zones ?

1 gig of ram should give you more than enough room for what you have, and
room to grow. You basically can't give named too much ram, and doing it
right now makes it easier to grow down the road.

HTH,

Doug

--

    "The last time France wanted more evidence, it rolled right
        through Paris with a German flag." - David Letterman