I don't know its DNS or Apache Prob!

Pete Ehlke pde at ehlke.net
Thu Feb 6 19:30:32 UTC 2003

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 12:42:57AM +0530, system at eluminoustechnologies.com wrote:

> I have a domain name abc.com the named database is also perfect with all
> cname NS MX and A records.
> whenever i type mail.abc.com It gets Redirected to home page of someother
> domain xyz.com(The home page is of xyz.com but the url remains
> mail.abc.com) which is also hosted on the same server where abc.com is.
> and its happening to all the domains that are hosted on the server. every
> mail.alldomain.com goes to the home page of the xyz.com.
> Now When I add a ServerAlias to abc.com as mail.abc.com in my httpd.conf it
> works Prefectly.but i have around 1000+ Websites hosted on the server and
> every mail.Anything.com goes to the home page of xyz.com whereas it should
> go to the Apache's Default Page or the Home Page of its own site.but that's
> not happening

This is an apache issue, not BIND, and thus this is not the appropriate
forum.

That said, apache returns the first defined vhost when presented with an
HTTP 1.1 request for a Host: that is not explicitly defined in any
<VirtualHost> block. If you want that to be the default apache page,
define the first VirtualHost in your configuration as a catchall that
presents that page, instead of xyz.com.

By the way, you do not have a domain named abc.com, and you do not have
a domain named xyz.com. Please do not obscure your data when posting to
this group- it only makes it harder for people to diagnose your
problems.

-Pete