DNS version

David Botham dns at botham.net
Mon Feb 3 03:47:20 UTC 2003

Alternatively, you could query the name server for its bind version:

dig txt chaos version.bind @<ip_address_of_nameserver>

It is important to note that if this query works, you should probably
change what bind reports via this query with the "version" option in
named.conf.  As a general rule, you don't want to leak this type of
information to the general public.

Dave...