Setting Up DNS

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Dec 24 08:57:24 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 05:20:29AM -0800,
 Adam Rumpke <goldstonrumpke at hotmail.com> wrote
 a message of 13 lines which said:

> 2. Set up the DNS so if I type mmm2.mct.co.jp I get the extranet. <<

You then need to edit the zone file (location depends on the BIND
compilation and configuration options) of mct.co.jp on the primary
nameserver, ns1.odn.ne.jp.

> Our company already has the mct domain and DNS for the main server but
> I am trying to make a sub domain (is that what it is called? )

Is it really an entire domain or just one name under mct.co.jp? From
the beginning of your message, it seems you just want to add an A (A
is for address) record for mmm2.mct.co.jp, something like:

mmm2     IN     A     10.2.3.4