Virl DNS?

Jonathan Villa jvilla at isdesigndev.com
Mon Dec 15 16:53:53 UTC 2003

I was hosting a domain for about 1 year now (mexicanfiesta.org) and now
they choose to transfer the domain to another hosting company.

The person responsible on the other end changed the name servers for the
domain name about 1 week ago.  If I do a whois lookup from the following
  places

1. netsol.com
2. allwhois.com
3. register.com

They all return the new name server information.  However, if I do a dig
or ping from my computer or other servers I maintain, I get the my name
server information, when I should be getting the new servers.  The
person who is taking over the domain name says that he was told that
there is a "virl dns" that needs to be released.

Old DNS info: nsx.particles.net
New DNS info: nsx.secure.net

**Now I only mainted the site, I was not originally responsible for the
domain name, I just took over where someone left off.

any thoughts?