DNS update issue

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Dec 9 23:02:44 UTC 2003

> Hello,
>
> On 2 Dec 2003 we made an IP change on one of our mail servers;
>
> domain: ceinternet.com.au
>
> host: mail2.ceinternet.com.au
> newip: 202.74.128.1
> oldip: 203.18.194.232
>
> Both Optus and Telstra are still caching the old ip for this host a
> week after the change was made;
>
> eg.
> uneeda.telstra.net
> ns.telstra.net
> ns.optus.net
>
> yet other namservers are fine. eg ns.sptel.net, ns1.cisco.com
>
> I'm still awaiting some info back from both Telstra and Optus.
> Any ideas anyone?

	Did you fail to update the serial?
	Did you have a old nameserver that hasn't been decomissioned?
	Was there a transient problem with one of your slaves preventing
	it updating?
	Was mail2.ceinternet.com.au ever glue for a zone?

	You delegation currently contains a mis-match.  While it won't
	cause this problem it does reduce the amount of redunancy built
	into your zone.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org