Odd localhost error in syslog...

Boex,Matthew W. Matthew.Boex at cna.com
Tue Dec 9 22:42:11 UTC 2003

I am getting this error in my syslog.log...
Dec  8 17:17:02 sch1p297 named[4464]: refused query on non-query socket
from [127.0.0.1].53

I am running BIND 8.1.2 on HP-UX 11.0.  This machine is running
Sendmail, with PureMessage mail filter.  PureMessage does a lot of DNS
blackhole lookups.  I have a couple DNS records...these records tell
Sendmail where to deliver mail for specific domains.  I am not serving
up DNS for any other machine, other than itself.   There is also a
firewall in between it and the internet.

Also, I can telnet to localhost on port 53 locally from the machine and
connect.  I also run a netstat -an and see that named is listening on
all interfaces, including 127.0.0.1.

Any ideas?

Matt