DNS bind-9.2.2-13 not working

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Sat Dec 6 00:29:10 UTC 2003

	The reason for specifying multiple servers is to
	provide REDUNDANCY.  Giving two names to the same
	machine does not provide redunacy and just wastes
	bandwidth.

ns1.polychip.net.       2D IN A         67.95.110.169
ns2.polychip.net.       2D IN A         67.95.110.169

	I suspect you problem is a firewall.  You need to open
	up both 53/UDP and 53/TCP.

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org