Acceptable number of lookups

B Jones bjones at ussignalcom.com
Sat Aug 30 20:37:44 UTC 2003

I am looking for people's opionion on this issue...

A customer's firewall/proxy server does a lookup everytime it sees a
domain name in a web page.  Some pages have a domain name listed in
the page more than 100 times.  So, we receive a request to resolve the
domain more than 100 times.  They say there is a bug in the hardware
that prohibits turning dns caching on (a memory leak of some sort).

This doesn't really effect our servers performance, but was wondering
if anyone had acceptable use policies regarding this.

Thanks.