Not able to delete a particular A/SRV Record....

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Fri Aug 29 12:22:04 UTC 2003

--On 29. august 2003 16:19 +0530 Vinod Kumar <vinod.kumar at alopa.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to delete a entry from the DNS where multiple ips are =
> associated with a FQDN. Can you please advice me how to achive this.
> I have a requiremenet where I want to remove one of the ipAddress mapped =
> to a particular domain which has multiple records with diff ipaddress.
> Iam getting FORMERR from the DNS in response. Iam not sure what might be =
> missing, Iam able to delete the whole group itself, but not able to =
> remove just a single ipAddress.

Here's how I've done it, using the nsupdate-command that came with BIND
9.2.2:

vimes# host many.aminor.no
many.aminor.no has address 127.0.0.2
many.aminor.no has address 127.0.0.3
many.aminor.no has address 127.0.0.4
many.aminor.no has address 127.0.0.1
vimes# /usr/local/bin/nsupdate -k Kaminor.no.+123+45678.key
> update delete many.aminor.no A 127.0.0.3
> send
> quit
vimes# host many.aminor.no
many.aminor.no has address 127.0.0.2