zone transfer from slave

SWong at wiley.com SWong at wiley.com
Wed Aug 27 15:13:28 UTC 2003

Hi all,

We have just upgraded our BIND to 9.2.2, on Solaris 8, this server is
primary for some domains and secondary for others.

I understand that slave servers can pull the zone via different means, such
as depending on the expire interval, serial number, etc.  as well as
removing the zone file on slave server.
I have a few zone files that is located in a different location and I do
not have access to.  How can I pull individual zone from slave without
restarting the entire slave name server?  rndc is only executed on primary
server, is this correct?

thanks very much