Hosting multiple TLDs

G. Roderick Singleton gerry at pathtech.org
Tue Aug 26 21:20:27 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 23:48, Herb Stein wrote:
> "Michele Chubirka" <chubirka at gwu.edu> wrote in message
> news:bidq26$ru$1 at sf1.isc.org...
> > Yeah, I know it was a stupid question, but other members of our staff
> > brought up the issue. I laughed and said "isn't that how DNS is SUPPOSED
> > to work?! Why would there be such a prohibition?" I even called
> > Educause, just to make these people shut up.
>

> Barry is right. I host all kinds of .org, .net, .com sites.
> As long as you control DNS, you rule!

I haven't followed the thread but if the subject is any indication of
the question then the answer ought to be that you don't host TLDs. That
is the function of the root servers. However, as this answer states (and
likely the others) you can host as many domains as you have registered
under whatever TLDs.

Hope this makes things a bit clearer.
--
Gerry Roderick Singleton <gerry at pathtech.org>