ActiveDirectory dynamic dns updates to bind9?

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Mon Aug 25 14:04:12 UTC 2003

"Thomas Jachmann" <hoto99 at gmx.de> replied:

>OK - I implemented an IP based ACL for the zones ActiveDirectory has to
>update. This actually should work - I tested modifying the zones with
>nsupdate without specifying a key but coming from the right IP. This worked.
>But Windows still doesn't modify the zones... must be some error on the
>windows side, since it says, that it cannot update the zones - anyone
>experience with this? Netlogon prints warning ID 5781 to the system log. But
>this is off topic, right? :)

Are there any DDNS error messages on the BIND master?  Are the DDNS
requests getting to the master?  I would suggest a network sniffer
on the BIND side to see exacty what, if any, packets are getting to
the BIND master.

I do not consider the topic of BIND/W2k AD off-topic for this list.
Barry S. Finkel
Computing and Instrumentation Solutions Division
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov