rndc -s

AMANI M. BINSEWAIF OCEAN at EIM.AE
Sun Aug 24 08:43:44 UTC 2003

hi,

I wanted to test rndc  to reload the configuration file... my setup is
that i have 2 interface  assigned with different ip
and one of them has master configuration and the other has slave
configuration.

I wanted to relaod the mater file whenever I do some changes to the
configration file but it is giving me the error below..

error message...

@s#:/export/home/swimmer2/dns/master] rndc -s 194.170.1.12 reload

rndc: connection to remote host closed
This may indicate that the remote server is using an older version of
the command protocol, this host is not authorized to connect,
or the key is invalid.

**I have setup two files to make rndc working..   update * master.conf*
and other file * rndc.conf*

my master.conf file
controls {
      inet 194.170.1.12 allow { 127.0.0.1; }keys{rndckey;};
};

key"rndckey"{
      algorithm "hmac-md5";
      secret    "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
 };

my rndc.conf file:

#start of rndc.conf

options{
 default-server 127.0.0.1;
 default-key "rndckey";
 };

server 194.170.1.12 {
    key "rndckey";
 };

#copy the key statement from rndc.key file
key"rndckey"{
      algorithm "hmac-md5";
      secret    "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
 };

#End of rndc.conf
[amani:/export/home/swimmer2/dns/master]