ActiveDirectory dynamic dns updates to bind9?

Thomas Jachmann hoto99 at gmx.de
Fri Aug 22 18:07:02 UTC 2003

"Jonathan de Boyne Pollard" <J.deBoynePollard at tesco.net> wrote:
> Either switch from using the DNS and DHCP servers on your Linux machine to
> using Microsoft's DNS and DHCP servers, or remove the requirement that
Dynamic
> DNS updates coming (or purporting to come) from your Windows Domain
Controller
> be authentic.

OK - I implemented an IP based ACL for the zones ActiveDirectory has to
update. This actually should work - I tested modifying the zones with
nsupdate without specifying a key but coming from the right IP. This worked.
But Windows still doesn't modify the zones... must be some error on the
windows side, since it says, that it cannot update the zones - anyone
experience with this? Netlogon prints warning ID 5781 to the system log. But
this is off topic, right? :)

Regards,
Thomas