New to W2k and to the newsgroup

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Tue Aug 12 15:17:39 UTC 2003

jacampo2002 at yahoo.com (JC) wrote:

>Hi all,
>a couple of quick questions:
>
>1) how do I register to this NS - I'd like to post via email.
>2) Is there any way to keep W2K DCs from re-registering their SRVs every hour?
>If possible, I'd like to set them up to dynamically register ONCE (say at boot).
>
>Thanks.

1) Subscribe via mail to

        bind-users-request at isc.org

   and/or

       bind9-users-request at isc.org

   with a mail body that has one word "subscribe" (without the quotes).
   There are two lists; the latter focuses on BIND 9.

2) Search the archives of these two lists at

       http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bind-users
       http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bind9-users

   There you can find all of the W2k-related postings (since early 1999).
Barry S. Finkel
Computing and Instrumentation Solutions Division
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov