name server vs client

Julia Goolia juliagoolia301 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 8 14:28:34 UTC 2003

Hi,

I am trying to setup a DNS for my domain.  As I understand it, I have
to register a name server with my registrar (and obviously the domain
name itself).  Once I do this I need to configure my server.

I am running redhat 7.3 and webmin to do the configuration.  My
question is this.  What do I use as the DNS CLIENT?  Right now, the
first server is 127.0.0.1 and names are getting resolved just fine.
There are two other servers, are my ISP's name servers.  Should they
go first?

I ask this question because I have added a master zone and an A record
for this zone.  I try to query the server from an external source, but
the answer I get seems to be from the client... how do I get the
server to give a responce not from the client, but from the records I
add?

Thanx so much for your time!
Julia