New Zone Appears to Work but Can't be read

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Fri Sep 27 11:29:30 UTC 2002

	Here is a followup report since I think it is important
to at least let those who tried to help know what happened.

	I may have corrupted the zone file and then compounded
the error by using named-checkzone against the wrong zone file.
(too big of a hurry).

	The second time around, I generated a zone file with dig
which is much more human-readable than the dynamically generated
zone file of our master dns.  Oh!  That file is quite readable,
but I may have overlooked some of the old information due to the
hashing.

	I then reconstructed the new zone with all the right NS
records and none of the old information that went to the new zone
and it all worked perfectly.  Thanks anyway for your help.