rndc zone reaload

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Tue Sep 24 18:46:47 UTC 2002

Samuel Roth <"samuel-r."@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi there

> I was trying to use the rndc command under Redhat 7.3 with Bind 9.2.1.
> rndc print me this arguments:
>   reload        Reload configuration file and zones.
>   reload zone [class [view]]
>                     Reload a single zone.

> the normal reload works, but in witch style i must enter the reload zone
> [class[view]] ?
> I was trying to use following command:
> [rndc reload zone domain.xx.hosts] (like the db entrys)
> wich is the right argument for the reload zone command?

'reload ipsec.se'    is what i do, will reload that domain.

never tried to reload a class or view, but i guess a little
experimentation will sort it out.

> Thanks for any help.
> P.S. Sorry for my bad english, i'm working on it ;)

You are doing just fine ! We all have to work on our english. But you
know hhat the majority "out there" has vastly larger problems with
swediss or german :-)

--
Peter Håkanson