Internal root server question

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Thu Sep 12 20:52:20 UTC 2002

> Can someone out there tell me if I created an internal root server, can it
> also act as the TLD server?  I was reading page 336 on the 4th Edition of
> DNS and Bind, the internal roots section.  I was thinking if I made my TLD
> server a root server also, I can get rid of my forward statements in my
> named.conf file.

It's not generally possible to use forwarders in an internal root setup.
What are you trying to do?

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software, Training and Consulting
www.menandmice.com

Attend our next DNS and BIND class!  See
http://www.menandmice.com/DNS-training/
for the schedule and to register for upcoming classes