Resolver Query

C Rahul crahul at novell.com
Wed Sep 11 07:05:41 UTC 2002

Hi=20
 Recently i started using DNS for my project and read about various DNS =
related rfc's. After reading those rfc's , few questions came to my mind =
and it will be nice if somebody can help me

1) DNS has to be compatible with RFC 2165 for dynamic updates. In my =
setup, DNS server is RFC 2165 compatible.=20
            a)  Can i use any resolver library in any other machine to =
send dns packets to this server and updates the record ?
            b)  What i wanted to ask is that Is resolver libraries also =
have to be of particular version to access the feature of=20
                 Dynamic updates in DNS ?=20
            c)  If yes is the answer for (b) , then how can i find this =
dependency ??

Thanks
Rahul