BIND version and Resolver Support for dynamic Update?

Nitin Khurana nkhurana at novell.com
Mon Sep 9 09:26:54 UTC 2002

If I am looking for a dynamic update support, do I have to look into only =
the BIND versions of the nameserver I have or does the resolver support =
from where I am trying to do the update also makes a difference.=20
I have a Red Hat Linux 6.2 machine which is running as a nameserver and I =
am able to do a dynamic update from a Solaris 8 machine, but there is a =
problem when I am trying to do the dynamic update from another Red Hat =
Linux 6.2 machine. The nameserver being the same in both cases(Linux 6.2 =
with BIND 9)
 Is this a problem of the resolver version on the Linux 6.2??
How can I find the version of the resolver support on a linux machine??

Thanks in Advance.
Nitin Khurana.