Error fetching SOA from ... DNS returned error code 2

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 6 09:14:17 UTC 2002

Sergio Pires wrote:

> Can someone help me about that? When I try to lookup my DNS the
> checkdns returns
>
>  Error fetching SOA from COLSVR.horizontetextil.com.br
> [200.216.240.209], DNS returned error code 2

The delegation from ns-ext.vix.com is out of date, the SOA
suggests it was changed today. When it catches up (it should
soon) with transferring com.br I think this problem will go
away.

I don't think this should break name resolution, but it might
slow it down, and account for odd errors.

Certainly this delegation problem explains the 4 errors and
warnings that doc produces.

That, and also the fact at least one of the servers for key
Brazilian domains still allows recursion. Maybe no one
translated the RFCs into Portuguese, in the words of Larry Wall,
"[Was that sufficiently incendiary?  :-)]"