Integrating BIND with Active Directory

Cinense, Mark macinen at sandia.gov
Thu Sep 5 14:35:13 UTC 2002

Barry,

That is what I am trying to find out.  I am not saying this, the MS
conslutant is saying this.  What I am asking is there anyone out there that
is running DDNS on BIND with an AD environment, and MS Exchange?  Most
companies are delegating a zone to be the forest root, and then letting the
AD server also run DDNS, so that the security is integrated, and there will
be less cost.

I personally think that we can run BIND as our service, but if we do run
BIND for our DDNS service with AD, we would probably want to have more
backup BIND machines.  Well, with running DDNS on the directory server, it
would not require anymore hardware.  Whereas running the BIND servers on
UNIX boxes will.

Mark Cinense