FW: Is bind 9.2.1 allowed "_" in dns name?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Tue Oct 22 16:16:57 UTC 2002

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 01:32:53PM +1000, Julie Xu wrote:
> Does anyone use a dns-name which include "_"? Please let me know if yes.
>
> If no, how can stop DDNS to assign a DNS name which include "_"?
>
> Many regards
>
> Julie Xu
>
> Data Communication Team
> Information Technology Directorate
> University of Western Sydney
> Locked Bag 1797
> Penrith South DC  NSW  1797

As Cricket said, the domains containing "_" in MS AD are not a problem,
as long as they are not host names.  It's host names containing "_"
that are a problem.  And I believe that you have control over those
when you set up your DHCP.

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B