Newby in Pain

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Oct 17 14:37:41 UTC 2002

My only point was that if all of the nameservers for a domain are off-line,
then anyone trying to resolve anything in that domain is going to waste
resources. So it's not very nice -- perhaps "socially irresponsible" was a
little strong -- for your nameservers to be down for substantial intervals of
time.

If you want to just "kick the tires" of BIND, why not do that on a private LAN,
using unregistered domains and (optionally) a private root zone?

- Kevin