Setting up DNS entry

Doug Barton DougB at DougBarton.net
Mon Oct 14 17:06:58 UTC 2002

First off, the newsgroup and the mailing list are gated to each other, so
there is no need to post in both places.

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002, Narayan, Krishnan wrote:

> Hi : I need help, since i am new to BIND. We have BIND 8.2 running. I
> need to put a entry for MX and A record. I would appreciate the help.

You should run, don't walk, to your nearest computer bookstore and pick up
a copy of "DNS and BIND, 4th Edition" from O'Reilly. Pay special attention
to the section about upgrading your named software, and pick up 8.3.3,
because 8.2.* has some dangerous bugs.

Doug

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?