update forwarding denied

Barry Finkel b19141 at achilles.ctd.anl.gov
Tue Oct 8 14:21:21 UTC 2002

Len Conrad <LConrad at Go2France.com> responded to my posting, in part:

> As you must know, you really should run updates with TSIG only.

This does not apply in my case, as I do not allow ANY DDNS updates.
The purpose of my query was to try to locate the "foreign" machine
that is sending DDNS updates twice every three minutes to my name
server, which is not the master for the zone.  I have successfully
sniffed packets from this activity; I am currently decoding them.
Barry S. Finkel
Electronics and Computing Technologies Division
Building 222, Room D209              Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov