Check DNS from Internet

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Sat Oct 5 16:23:54 UTC 2002

Veeraraju_Mareddi <rajuveera at satyam.com> wrote:

> Hi All,

> I want to check up my domain DNS records , I am using split DNS ,I cant
> check it from internal of network.

> I want to query from outside. Is there any web-site for this purpose.

> Is there any graphical information available on DNS queries and traffice on
> the net.

> Thanks and Regards
> Veeraraju

You could use any nameserver that does recursion from you.

$ dig ipsec.se soa @ns1.cisco.com

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> ipsec.se soa @ns1.cisco.com
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      ipsec.se, type = SOA, class = IN

;; ANSWER SECTION:
ipsec.se.               1D IN SOA       aktodo.aktiviteten.se. hostmaster.ipsec.se. (
                                        2002091801      ; serial
                                        6H              ; refresh
                                        1H              ; retry
                                        1W              ; expiry
                                        5M )            ; minimum

It is not recommended to do recursion for others, but in cases
like this it shure is handy.

You could also "test" your domain at "http://zonecheck.manet.nu" a
tool i "borroed" from nic-fr where they use it for "sanitizing customers
zones" before allowing them to register.

--
Peter Håkanson