Is Muddleworks scanning your DNS too?

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Fri Nov 29 15:39:20 UTC 2002

On Fri, Nov 29, 2002 at 12:05:09AM +0000, Simon Waters wrote:
> Joseph S D Yao wrote:
> >
> > But I do not know the term "twee": can you tell me what it means?
>
> "Twee" makes the OECD, "affectedly dainty or quaint" - with an
> acronym implying it is usually derogatory. "twee" is definitely
> in common usage in all parts of the UK, perhaps America lacks
> enough "chocolate box" cottages, and people who collect china
> ornaments for it to be useful ;-)

Would that it were so.  ;-)  That appears to be an affliction wherever
excess leisure time and odd artistic tastes combine.  There are whole
industries in the USA for churning out "collectibles".

I believe a similar phrase in the USA would have to be something like
"how ... nice", or "how ... delightful" or "how ... quaint" with the
appropriate drop in tone on the adjective to denote disapprobation.  Or
perhaps my heritage just makes me impute more meaning to tones than is
always intended.  ;-}

And I'll have to remember to get the pocket edition of the OECD.  ;-)
;-)  ;-)

--
Joe Yao				jsdy at center.osis.gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support					EMT-B