permission denied during transfer

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Nov 27 00:29:39 UTC 2002

> yes,, named can wirte to the file

	The question is can named write to the DIRECTORY.  Named
	creates a NEW file, writes the zone's contents to it.  Named
	then renames the NEW file to the name specified in named.conf.
	This ensures that there is always a *complete* copy of the
	master file in the event of power failure.

	[ Windows does not support atomic rename so there is a small
	window of time where the file does not exist under Windows.
	However if the file does exist it will be complete which
	is what is required for a slave. ]

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org