No A records to match NS records

Mark_Andrews at isc.org Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Mon Nov 25 22:22:08 UTC 2002

> Is there anything I can do to allow resolution for domains
> whose admins refuse, for whatever reason, to place A records
> to match their NS records.
>
> The domain in question is avecommerce.net.
>
> Message:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bind-users&m=103156753812664&w=2
>
> Appears to address this very question, to which Mark Andrews
> responded:
>
> > How can I fix that?
>
>   Contact the zone administators and get them to fix the broken
>   configuration.
>
> Aside from that, which would be great but they refuse to acknowledge
> this is a configuration issue on their end,
>
> is there anything I can tell bind 8.3.3 that will help?
>
> The fact that most of the internet seems to still resolve their
> domain doesn't help matters.
>
> --
> Chris Linstruth <cjl at qnet.com>

	Well you could create zones on your caching servers that
	correspond to the names of the the nameservers and populate
	them with the glue from the parent zone.

	ns1.avecommerce.net. 0 IN SOA <your-nameserver> <your-email> (
			              1 3600 1200 3600000 3600 )
			     0 IN NS <your-nameserver>
			     0 IN A 216.98.138.60

	This does mean that you need to create some method of tracking
	changes to the glue. etc.

	Mark
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at isc.org