Domain Names.

Bill Manning bmanning at ISI.EDU
Sat Nov 23 14:24:15 UTC 2002

	the mail your received was false.  there are no geographic
	restrictions on .com entries.

%
% Hi  All,
%
% I recently got a mail saying that companies not having presence in US cannot
% continue to have <company>.com  as their domain name. As my company is in
% INDIA i got to register it as <company>.co.in. Is this mandatory, if yes
% when is the last date to get this done.
%
% ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
% Manjunath H N
% Consultant
% iWave Systems Technologies Pvt Ltd.,
% #7/B, 29th Main, BTM 2nd Stage
% Bangalore - 560 076
% Phone NO: 6786243 / 6786245 EXTN: 220
% helpdesk at iwavesystems.com
% http://www.iwavesystems.com
%
%
% DISCLAIMER:
%
% This e-mail and any attachment (s) is for authorised use by the intended recipient (s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to the legal privilege of iWave Systems Technologies Private Limited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from retaining, using, copying, alerting or disclosing the content of this message. Thank you for your co-operation.
%

--
--bill