New version of Bind8 for W2k?

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Sat Nov 16 18:05:06 UTC 2002

Bjorn Johansson <bjorn-bind at loud-n-clear.net> wrote:
> In message <ar3j6o$50o$1 at nyheter.crt.se>, phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
> writes
>>
>>Bjorn Johansson <bjorn-bind at loud-n-clear.net> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>
>>> Just a short note to find out if you know when a 'safe' version of Bind8
>>> will be released for W2k?
>>
>>> As far as I know the 'bug' in Bind9.2.1 for W2k is still not sorted, so
>>> where unable to move to that version at this time.
>>
>>> The problem we had with Bind9.2.1 for Winnt4/W2k was:
>>> ========================================================================
>>> The problem is I keep getting the following message, over and over again
>>> in the event log:
>>> 'socket: too many open file descriptors'
>>> and
>>> 'accept: too many open file descriptors'
>>
>>> It keeps writing the above, until Bind eventually stops.
>>> ========================================================================
>>
>>> Does anybody know if the above problem has been sorted?
>>
>>Yesterday.  Load OpenBSD and bind-9.2.1 on your hardware.
>>
> Our name servers are running either Winnt4 or W2k and switching
> operating system is not an option.
Why not ? You ask for help with a troublesome combination,
got an advice to keep the working code and replace the non-working

And what's your main objective with your nameservers: running
a ms OS or running a working nameserver ? The answer of that
question should steer your objectives.

--
Peter Håkanson