command channel

Cricket Liu cricket at menandmice.com
Thu Nov 14 18:32:36 UTC 2002

Chimento, Douglas wrote:
> It doesn't seem to work,
> From 172.25.109.28 I can run all of the ndc commands.
> However on the localhost I attempt to run
> /opt/bind/sbin/ndc status
> And I get this back:
> ndc: error: ctl_client: evConnect(fd 3): No such file or directory
> ndc: error: cannot connect to command channel
> (/opt/bind/etc/ndc.d/ndc)
>
> So it would seem that you can only have one control channel.

No, it would seem that ndc is trying to open /opt/bind/etc/ndc.d/ndc
by default, and you specified /var/tmp/ndc in your controls statement.

You can either specify the path to the ndc socket explicitly with ndc's
-l option or use /opt/bind/etc/ndc.d/ndc in your controls statement.

cricket

Men & Mice
DNS Software, Training and Consulting
www.menandmice.com

The DNS and BIND Cookbook, available now!
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dnsbindckbk/