recursion

Glenn Vidad gvidad at myersinternet.com
Wed Nov 13 23:57:23 UTC 2002

is the log file the only place to look at to see if allow-recursion is
working?
i setup allow-recursion with my internal ips in them, stopped and started
bind, and i see "denied recursion" messages in my log files...
...but i thought i would've been able to run dig's against our nameservers
from a system not in the allow-recursion list and expect no results.
i ran dig @ns1.domain.com domain2.com (from an outside iop) before and after

placing the allow-recursive entry in my named.conf and the results stayed
the same.  is that right?