is this a DOS attack

Chris chris at rockfort.com
Tue Nov 12 19:59:55 UTC 2002

In my log file this entry appears at least 50 times in succession..

client 209.87.232.140#1307: update denied: 1Times(s)

Can anyone say if this is a DOS attack? I am running the security measure
"allow-transfer { none; };
If this was a regular query then why is it happening so often in succession
and so persistent.  The IP address resloves to
"dialup-ott-nasi-6.cuic.ca"  If I was to translate, I would say that this
host is out of Canada, Province of Ottawa maybe an ISP... My primary
concern is about the DOS question....

Thanks
Chris