TTL Problems

Chris chris at rockfort.com
Tue Nov 12 18:33:09 UTC 2002

I am having a problem with a particular sub domain. In my zone file I have
a directive an A record example:
subname IN  A   1.2.3.4

The problem is that when I look at my log, all my errors are pointing to
TTL which say
" no TTL specified. THIS ZONE WILL NO LONGER WORK IN FUTURE VERSIONS add a
TTL.: 2 Time(s)"
I had started using a friends format of example:    961230 ; Serial
                                                                            3600
; Refresh
                                                                              15M
; Retry
                                                                              3H
; Expire
                                                                               1H)
; Minimum

in other words I followed his sample and used letters such as H for hours M
for minutes to abbreviate  seconds .. I need someone's input as soon as
possible..

Thanks