recursive queries?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Nov 11 20:14:11 UTC 2002

Steve Foster wrote:

> all,
>
> along the same lines as this, is there a way to do this in named.conf but
> referencing an external file, which i could then keep up-to-date, rather
> than editting named.conf all the time...
>
> Also is it possible to do this external file reference for allow-transfer
> as well...

Read the docs for named.conf -- it supports an "include" feature.

But, is that really going to help you? You still have to edit a file and
reload/reconfig/restart every time you want to make a change. Personally, the
only thing I use named.conf include's for are keys that I don't want to be
world-readable...

- Kevin