different nameservers for same domain

mario aeby private at eMeidi.com
Sun Nov 10 23:11:32 UTC 2002

hi,

i just installed BIND 9 on my local w2k-server on my intranet. i'm
using it to handle all internal nameserving and as caching-nameserver,
too.

since i have a public web-server connected via ADSL (whithout static
ip), i use dyndns.org to provide access to the web-server from outside
my LAN.

my server is reachable on http://mad4you.homeip.net . for internal
use, i configured my local nameserver to direct any requests for
'mad4you.homeip.net' directly to the local web-server (not using the
homeip.net-nameserver). unfortunately, i can't reach other
*.homeip.net-servers anylonger :(

what do i have to insert into the
'homeip.net.dns-file' that it forwards requests which are NOT
'mad4you.homeip.net' to the real nameserver of homeip.net?

if useful, have a look at my homeip.net-file:

--- homeip.net.dns ---
@ 86400 IN SOA ns.emeidi.local. private.emeidi.com. (
     2002110703    ; Serial number
     86400         ; Refresh