My Bind 0.2.0 nameservers doesn't work all over the world?

Simon Waters Simon at wretched.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 7 18:01:33 UTC 2002

"Hans-Chr. Jehg" wrote:

> My problem is that the names do not all work in all places :-(
>
> Do I have a problem with the setup of the nameservers or what?
>
> Problem is that some client networks return the address of the nameserver
> slave instead of the real A record address.

It all looks okay from here.

What are the clients trying to do when it goes wrong, surf
www.jehg.dk, email you?

Assuming ns2.ottosenfk.dk is the slave nameserver (you don't say
explicitly), then the only name in the zone that maps to that is
webserver.jehg.dk

You allow zone transfer to everyone, which is okay if that is
what you want, and it sure helps troubleshooting.